JAX Dry Dock late June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

masonlc

Reaction score
As discussed at the last meeting...
I have contacted Capt. Dan (Offshore Dive Charters Jacksonville Florida) about diving the Dry Dock on either June 21st or 28th.
That far offshore will require chartering the boat. The rate would be $1500 divided by 6 divers or $250 each. Bring your own tanks or he will rent at $15/tank EANx or $10/tank air.

Anyone interested?

More info on the Dry Dock can be found on the Jacksonville Offshore Fishing Club's history of artificial reefs site:
JOSFC Reef Histories

As discussed at the last meeting...
I have contacted Capt. Dan (Offshore Dive Charters Jacksonville Florida) about diving the Dry Dock on either June 21st or 28th.
That far offshore will require chartering the boat. The rate would be $1500 divided by 6 divers or $250 each. Bring your own tanks or he will rent at $15/tank EANx or $10/tank air.
Anyone interested?
More info on the Dry Dock can be found on the Jacksonville Offshore Fishing Club's history of artificial reefs site:
JOSFC Reef Histories

Mason,

I'm definitely interested.
I want to call a fishing charter out of St. Augustine that I think will run a 10-hour trip for us for $1200 in a 25-knot boat. We'd have six hours on the site and could get in three one hour dives with 90 minute SI times.

Mason,

I'm definitely interested.
I want to call a fishing charter out of St. Augustine that I think will run a 10-hour trip for us for $1200 in a 25-knot boat. We'd have six hours on the site and could get in three one hour dives with 90 minute SI times.

Good to hear from you Brian!
The St. Augustine charter sounds great, do you know how many divers they take?

Good to hear from you Brian!
The St. Augustine charter sounds great, do you know how many divers they take?

It's a six-pack. I left a message and I'm waiting for a call back.
I should have the answer on that charter by Wednesday but I also got PM'd with another lead that requires some follow-up as well.

It's going be $200/person (plus tip) minimum to use a commercial boat.

They had the "brilliant idea" to put this thing down equidistant from Jax and SA, 45 nm out. At $4.25-$4.75 a gallon for diesel delivered to a comfortable boat that gets 1 nm/gallon, you're into $450-$500 worth of fuel alone for the charter op.

I'm doing a similar trip out of Sarasota on June 1st that's $200 per diver plus another $65 for my helium addiction. I could afford a smokin' hot mistress for what it costs me to play this game :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom