Some pics from today's outing with American Dream II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisheyeview

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Ft. Lauderdale, FL (The Diving Capital of the Worl
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We did the afternoon trip with Captain Todd and crew today. We did a 60' drift followed by a 30' drift.

Dive 1 was on Mine Car, and the vis was really bad. It was 5' - 10'. I was so glad that I decided to shoot my 105mm lens.

We drifted along the ledge, but we didn't find much to shoot. At the end of the dive I spotted a male Sailfin Blenny displaying. I didn't have enough air left to spend much time trying to get it to display for me.

1209952373_Sailfin-Blenny8.jpg

Dive 2 was on Barracuda Reef. I was expecting the vis to be even worse, but it was better. We had maybe 15' - 20'. This dive was much better for subjects.

I was trying to shoot a Razorfish when this Seaweed Blenny popped out of it's den to see what I was doing.
1209952459_Seaweed-Blenny-2-copy.jpg

Kelly found a juvenile Queen Angel that wanted to play hide and seek.
1209952511_Angel-Face-2-copy.jpg

Right after that she found a couple of small Yellowhead Jawfish. After a while they didn't mind me moving in close to them.

1209952294_Yellowhead-Jawfish3-copy.jpg

1209952345_Yellowhead-Jawfish4-copy.jpg

While Kelly was shooting the jawfish, I started to poke around. I soon found this nudibranch. It is Hypselodoris sp. 4.
1209952422_Hypselodoris-sp.4-copy.jpg

At the end of the 2nd dive there were a couple of Grey Angels that were checking us out. This one kept swimming up to me face to face.
1209952481_Angel-Face-copy.jpg

Very nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom