Pygmy Seahorses from PG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big Fic

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I don't know how they find these little guys. It is hard to find them even you know where to look. I took a ton of pictures but these were the best of the bunch. Thanks for looking.

Pygmy Seahorse.jpg

Pygmy Seahorse 4.jpg

nice shots! what dive site? i got my first pygmy pic also in pg.

These were at Sinandigan Wall at about 45 feet.

small fan right? this is where is shot mine too. :D

Yes, not to get to technical but I think it is a Gorgonian coral that they are on. I think they only live on this type of coral. It was on a ledge just standing out on its own at Sinandigan Wall. It was neat because at 45 feet they looked blue and we where excited when we came up because we saw blue seahorses but when we looked at the photos that night, they of course were pink. I would love to see your pictures.

imagine how many flashes that pygmy has endured since it got discovered there. :rofl2: poor little pygmy... i am being redundant now....

i dont see how they can spot them either... and really, they're more fun looking at the pic becasue you can see the detail. Good luck if you can do the same up close and personal!

imagine how many flashes that pygmy has endured since it got discovered there. :rofl2: poor little pygmy... i am being redundant now....

i dont see how they can spot them either... and really, they're more fun looking at the pic becasue you can see the detail. Good luck if you can do the same up close and personal!

we did 2 dives just to see that pygmy. i wouldn't have cared less had i been low on air as long i got my pygmy shot. :D i can't describe the feeling finally seeing one and getting to photograph it. :rofl3:

here's my photos of it, july 2007 dives with the ppd

540692841_3f797dccde_o.jpg

540581082_8481623ac6_o.jpg

these are cropped by the way, i couldn't see it even in my monitor hahahaha

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom