Dive buddy wanted for 5/16 and/or 5/17 (leaving from Atlanta area)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thomas Crowe

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone, I'm a complete newbie to the site, so please forgive me if I am posting in the wrong location (and if you could point me to the right location, that'd be even better) :D

I'm looking for a regular dive partner, but espcially one for this weekend (5/16 and 17). I live in the south Atlanta area (Newnan for those familiar with the area) and while I would *like* to find someone close by it isn't required by any means.

A little about me, returned to diving the last couple of years after a several year hiatus. PADI certified Rescue Diver w/ Nitrox speciality. Certified in 1994 with the rescue diver, in 2002 or so for the Enriched Air. I used to do a lot of cave diving, but I have backed off that since I've gotten older and wiser and decided to persue my Full Cave certification so that I can do it properlly and not foolishly.

I am definetly looking for a more technical diving oriented diver to buddy with as that is what I am striving to be. I have a goal to dive to 300+ feet before I am 40, as well as to dive the Oriskany and the Andrea Dora. I know I have a lot of training to go to get to that point.

Right now, I just want to do some enjoyable dives in springs, quarries, off boats, and anywhere else we can find.

I don't mind providing the transportation as long as I can pick you up on the way, or you can meet me at my house. I even have some extra gear that I am more than happy to loan my partner as needed.

If you'd like to go diving this weekend, or think that I would be a good match as a diving buddy, please drop me a line and let me know!

Thanks;
Thomas Crowe

Yo! :)

I live in Tuscaloosa, AL...about 4 hours from Atlanta.

I'm always looking for someone to dive with...

I'm a fairly new diver (23 dives), but I'm hoping to be cavern certified by the end of the year. Interested in going in a technical direction, as soon as I have the training and experience necessary. I dive with a BP/W, long primary hose, and can light (although I'm still most definitely trying to work out the kinks with my new gear setup!).

I'm probably going diving with someone from the local PD on Saturday...but I don't think he'll mind if I bring along a third diver. We'll be at ABWA, and I'll know for sure in a day or two. You are more than welcomed to join us :)

Anyways, feel free to bug me if you want someone to dive with...I'm just itching for a chance to get back out to some Florida springs! :D

Ooooh! I'm actually free on the 16th, if you want to hit ABWA :D

Welcome to the board. You may want to fill out your profile so others will know more about you. Too short of notice this time. I live in Carrollton and dive the pan handle often in the summer, when my work slows down after the first of June. Lots of Florida trips. Maybe we can hook up. Oh and don't forget Alabama Blue Water, Lake Martin, Lake Lanier, Dive Haven, Loc Minn, etc. If your looking to go the tech route, you may be interested in a XRTech class. I'm looking to find a enough divers to take the course with this summer. :D

Back
Top Bottom