Uwatec Aladin Pro Ultra strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GSM3

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to replace the strap on an Aladin Pro Ultra computer with bungee (without using a drill) or are there any mounts on the market?

If anyone has an idea on how to do this, I'd like to know too :) My elastic strap is almost worn through. I have an old Uwatec and the strap from that is in good condition. I'm working on a liveaboard in a very remote part of Fiji, so taking it to a dealer is not an option.

If anyone has an idea on how to do this, I'd like to know too :) My elastic strap is almost worn through. I have an old Uwatec and the strap from that is in good condition. I'm working on a liveaboard in a very remote part of Fiji, so taking it to a dealer is not an option.

if u want to get rid of that strap let me know...i need one for my aladin pro

I've swapped the crap elastic straps from a SMART Pro to the rubber straps like on the SMART Tec. I just used a thin nail that was the same thickness as the pin that holds the strap in place on either side of the computer body and gently tapped it into one end, which then pushed the pin out far enough for me to grab it with a pair of pliers. Then I just swapped out the straps and then pushed the pin back into place. Took all of five minutes.

I have also swapped out snapped or worn rubber straps from the old-style Sport, Pro and Ultra using a similar method. So, that's how you'd get the strap off your Ultra, but as for a bungie strap fixing option, no idea, never had a problem with the factory supplied rubber straps (the elastic ones were crap, which is why they dumped them with the SMART Tec and later examples of the SMART Pro).

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom