Speaking of Insurance, when does coverage actually begin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SMKChef

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I remember reading somewhere a list of answers by the different dive insurers about when exactly your coverage begins and when it ends. The answers ranged from "When you get in the water" to "it depends on circumstances." I am asking because I am concerned that often times people notice their problem after they leave the water and in this case, do all insurers cover this instance?

Does anyone remember where this information was published?
I did a search on here and couldn't find a recent comment. And a search on the net came up empty as well.

Are you asking when coverage takes effect? Or asking when in your dive trip you are covered?

The answer to the second depends on the type of policy that your purchase. Some cover the trip to the dive site and the trip home, others just the diving.

The answer to the first question is found in the fine print of the policy also, or at least in the descriptive information provided (ie a website).

detroit diver once bubbled...
The answer to the first question is found in the fine print of the policy also, or at least in the descriptive information provided (ie a website).

The answer was also listed in an article somewhere. The dive insurers were polled and each gave their answer, so the fine print was more clearly explained. I saw the article somewhere, but can't remember where.

And, I am asking when in the trip the policy takes effect. As I said, one company stated that the time spent getting your gear off on the boat is not covered, while another said you were covered from when you entered the water to when you exited, and still another stated you were covered when the dive began. I am interested in finding a reference to that article. Anyone remember reading this article???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom