ATMOS AI or Oceanic Pro Plus 2...Your thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mason417

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking at either one to purchase and need your friendly comments :)

I forgot to mention that I am strictly a rec. diver, not into the tech aspect of diving. I live in Florida so all my diving is tropical and a few natural springs we have down here. I plan on traveling to all the tropical hot spots soon and frequetly. Thanks

I am looking at either one to purchase and need your friendly comments :)

I have three Oceanic Pro Plus computers. This is the father of the one you are looking at. One for my wife, son and daughter-in-law. They work great are easy to read and have all the bells and whistles you could want. Made several hundred dives with these computers and have had no problems. I change the battery out myself once a year and they keep right on working. I didn't get the quick disconnet or compass which I have never found necessary.

It seems that Oceanic is a consisant choice for all the products. But is the Pro PLus 2 bulky? Unerwater? Travel/carry on bag?

I have the Oceanic pro plus 2 A/I with quick disconnect with compass and find it to be a great computer. Underwater not bulky at all and you can go between the cummerbund or clip to bc at eye level...fits real well into a regulator case with the regulaor and packs easy. Large numbers and easy readibility are a definite + for me .

I appreciate the feedback

The quick disconnect means you can separate the computer from the reg set as well. You could check your regs but put the computer in your carryon for example.

I've had my PP2 for 3 years and I love it! It's incredibly easy to use, the display is huge, they're practically indestructible, and Oceanic has great customer service.

They both have the same algorithm, program the same and display the same data.
The Oceanic is larger and has slightly larger digits. Because the display is larger
the tissue loading bar graph and the o2 saturation bar graph has more "dots".
It doesn't alter anything, it has more dots to get up to fully loaded.

The orientation, how it fits in your hand, and how it clips is the biggest difference.

As a side note, the Aeris is usually cheaper.

My wife and I have the Aeris AI. We have over 200 dives on them.
We went this route because not only were they cheaper than the Oceanic but
they were smaller and my wife liked scale/size and the way if feels in your hand
better.

I attached a photo of the Aeris AI, so you could get a feel for its size.

--- bill

Attachments

• Aeris-AI.JPG
    Aeris-AI.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 50
They both have the same algorithm, program the same and display the same data.
The Oceanic is larger and has slightly larger digits. Because the display is larger
the tissue loading bar graph and the o2 saturation bar graph has more "dots".
It doesn't alter anything, it has more dots to get up to fully loaded.

The orientation, how it fits in your hand, and how it clips is the biggest difference.

As a side note, the Aeris is usually cheaper.

My wife and I have the Aeris AI. We have over 200 dives on them.
We went this route because not only were they cheaper than the Oceanic but
they were smaller and my wife liked scale/size and the way if feels in your hand
better.

I attached a photo of the Aeris AI, so you could get a feel for its size.

--- bill

Thanks Bill, the photo and info really helped

Back
Top Bottom