Battery Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This may be a dumb one...

How long, on average, do computer batteries last? I got a new one last year, dove all summer on it (actually, only about 15 dives), and when I checked it the other day, they were dead. Should I wait until it's closer to local dive season before replacing?

It takes 2 2032s.

Thanks

I would say that was very poor battery life. 15 dives should not have done much of anything. Does it have a backlight? If so, did you use it alot?

For what batteries cost, its usually best to change them in the spring, and always have a spare set.

MD

If yours are user-replaceable, just keep some spares in save-a-dive kit.

I would wait to install new ones until it's a bit closer to the diving season. Some manufactures actually recommend taking batteries out if you are not planning to dive for several months.

That's what I assumed -- that it was short battery life. But, yes, I did use the backlight a bit, and also used the log feature a lot. The unit has been sitting idle since October (I know...time to get wet!), with the batteries in it. The other day, as I was thinking about things to pick up before the "season" starts, I was wondering if the Data Plus' batteries were okay -- I want to have an extra set in the SID kit. So I think I'll be buying two sets of batteries, and keeping themout until May!

gfe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom