Screwing it in (transmitter)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uber

Contributor
Reaction score
ONTARIO - I just love Algae and Zebra Mussels! I w
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got my Epic w/transmitter and all seems good apart from actually attaching the transmitter.

I have an Aqualung Titan 1st stage - I can screw the transmitter in hand tight but the gap for the wrench to tighten it is 6mm! I can't find a wrench that small and I don’t want to use the housing to twist tighter. Needle nose pliers don’t do the trick and I can't find anything else to do the job... add to that the strange size (11/16) and I am stumped... I can't use any of those cheap skinny wrenches that come from Ikea furniture or even the one from my circular saw.

Of course the kit does not include a tool ... anyone have any ideas? Am I missing something obvious? :lotsalove:

I can put a wrench on my transmitter, but I don't bother. You can hand tighten it securely. Screw it in until it stops, then give it a snug twist of the wrist and you are done.

Well... back from Coz and the Epic performed fine....

BUT

Could not get the transmitter to work.... the instructions are not fanatastic... but I worked out that I needed to key in the serial# - still no joy....

to make it interesting the serial# on the transmitter is two digits longer than the space provided on the computer.... I tried all the combos!:shakehead:

I also replaced the battery in the watch and transmitter....

....am I doing something daft? Anyone else got it all up and running? I was really looking forward to ditching another hose!

My transmitter works perfectly.

My transmitter has a six digit serial # then a space then 3 digits. I just entered the first 6 digits. My number begins with 0 and that is the first digit I entered.

You would enter other transmitters the same way for the 2nd and 3rd transmitter designating them as either self or buddy use.

Note: you can not get a transmitter link without the transmitter on a pressurized (turned on) tank.

Last edited:
Thanks - I figured the tank was required (eventually). Still no joy... it was a real pain because my Titan 1st stage only has one hp port.

I guess I will go back to the dealer while I am within my 30 days

Go back and have them help you set it up or trade it for a Manta. Same computer no AI. You only need 1 HP port if you take your gauges off.

I carry a back up spg in my save a dive trip kit and a back up computer for the rest of the redundancy. If my transmitter or computer screws up I can safely end that dive and be right back in the water (as long as my back up computer has been diving with me) without any major loss of dives.

When I got my Aeris Epic I called Aeris and they walked me through it. I had trouble figuring out the button combinations to get through the menu to the right place. But after I got the menu down the instructions where easy to follow. I think you can also plug it into your computer and use the aeris software to make the settings and view current settings, I like making settings on my PC better than on the watch. But when you at the water w/ no PC its nice to know how to change a setting.

That's funny I thought that I had the same problem getting the transmitter to work. I called Aeris and a person answered the phone on the second ring who explained that the transmitter is in sleep mode unless it detects tank pressure. I hooked it up to a tank, hand tightened, tested it in the water and it works perfectly, no leaks. I don’t think you need a wrench to tighten it sufficiently.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom