Given the choices, which would you pick?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mason417

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Aeris Atmos AI, Oceanic Pro Plus 2, Sherwood Wisdom 2. Any commenst would be helpful from users, Thanks.

I just LOVE my PP2.:D

Thanks 300bar

I notice you doing this on another thread in regards to gear.

Be careful, while others may like the gear that they use, it may not be the best option for you.

Instead of just asking what others, I would find out why they like what they're using and then evaluate if the features they like or dislike make that piece of gear an appropriate choice for you.

Also go check out the gear in a dive shop or if someone around you has it and see what all the features are and use that data in YOUR evaluation.

Wisdom has made me very happy for nearly 10yrs now and i trust it enough to let almitychild dive with it

i like the nice big screen, i can turn the beeping off and its very user friendly

cheers

I notice you doing this on another thread in regards to gear.

Be careful, while others may like the gear that they use, it may not be the best option for you.

Instead of just asking what others, I would find out why they like what they're using and then evaluate if the features they like or dislike make that piece of gear an appropriate choice for you.

Also go check out the gear in a dive shop or if someone around you has it and see what all the features are and use that data in YOUR evaluation.

I appreciate the advice. I am just up in the air about what/which one to buy. I have tried going to the dive shops but its hard to ask anything without the normal sales pitch. I figure on here, I can get some varied comments no more, no less. I have ran into divers using the ones I mentioned here, but all they told me was this is the one that the LDS recomended. No help from those divers. I have read many posts on here about the diferent models, but now I am trying to put all three on one page and see what/who bites on the models so to speak.

Wisdom has made me very happy for nearly 10yrs now and i trust it enough to let almitychild dive with it

i like the nice big screen, i can turn the beeping off and its very user friendly

cheers

Thanks almity, Would you buy another one? if you had to

Of the choices, I'd probably pick the ProPlus2. The reason being is that I am currently diving with its predecessor, the DataMax Pro. The reason that I choose it is the air integration and the air time remaining feature. I frequently use it to gauge how well I am doing on air and remind myself to calm down and breathe deeply. In the beginning, it helped me to go from being an air hog to one of the best of my gang.

While the others are also air integrated, I am not sure if they also give you the air remaining in both minutes and PSI as the ProPlus does. I've also been happy with Oceanic as a company.

Also, a factor for me is what am I going to do with it on a dive. For me, when not in use, I tuck, in the small of my back just under the tank to keep it from dragging. Stays there, protectected and easily accessible when I need to pull it out to check my air.

If you go with the Aeris, I would make sure it had a clip or something to keep it from dragging as I don't see one in the pictures of it on their site.

Last edited:
Thanks MeiLing, I feel also that Oceanic is great company. I guess I just want to make sure before plop down some coin :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom