ABWA conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildmanzero

Registered
Reaction score
Planning to head for the quarry next week and was wondering how the conditions are. Also is the construction finished?

Construction is still ongoing...I think they are shooting for completion in August.

From what steven told me week ago today the water was in the:

FEET TEMP's
0-30----------70's
31-80---------60's
80 +----------50's

Now from my experience / computer last weekend surface temp of 79 degrees. We made two dives and snorkeled and free dove in between scuba dives, the first dive was to 120 ft and a second shallow dive with a max depth of 30 feet but most was 15 feet or less. At 120 foot temps were in the mid 50's. My average temp for the 120 ft dive was 64 degrees. We were comfortable in nothin but swim suits down to about 15 feet then it became kinda cold. I wore my 6.5 mil shorty on our second because I had really bad sunburn, but anyways I dropped to 30 feet and my legs were gettin too cold.

It's really a pick your temp diving now stay shallow its warm, but go deep and its cold.

Hope this helps!

Oh and the viz wasn't great til we got to 50' - 60' ft but there was a class on the platform by the fire trucks so thats probably the main reason for that problem. Check out the platfrom over there usually not as many folks around on that side since they started construction.

Back
Top Bottom