Martha's Temps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagal28

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know what the temps at Martha's have been the last couple of weekends? I'm going this Saturday and was just wondering.

I don't have the actual numbers, but my family and I wore our 5 mils and were fine 2 weekends ago. The only problem we had was that we didn't have hoods. Below 35 feet at Martha's, you probably will want a hood. Above that is very comfy ... in fact, at 20 feet, you will feel a bit warm with 5 mils on. They advertise 50 degrees at 50 feet. You start feeling those low temps well sooner than 50 feet.

We went down once to look at the bus in the trench. Got down to 42 feet - without a hood, it was quite a shock to the head.

It was our first time to the quarry 2 weekends ago - we had a great time. Hope you enjoy it, too.

Um....what/where is Martha's?

Thanks,

Beck

Some of our folks from the No Name Dive CLub went to Martha's this past Sunday..the temps were great!! At the crusher houses it was very nice. Top; low 80's, middle: lower 70's, next thermocline down was is in the 60's.
My first dive I wore a 5 ml..with a 1 ml. full skin and a cap (not a hood or beenie) and I was almost to warm.
so the next dive I wore just the 1 ml. skin...just right!

the vis was great!!!! 30-40 at spots and at least 20 most everywhere.

We didn't go down the gully or bus but I would guess it would be nippy.

DiveBomb, if you haven't hit Martha's Quarry, you gotta try it at least once. Fun place to dive. Lots to see and do. About 15 miles east of Nashville going towards Knoxville on I-40 at exit 232. Lots of good lodging at exits 236 and especially 238.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom