Auto Electric or Alternator Help..... (Oahu)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottitheduck

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Looking for a good contact(s) of a car minded person.

I've recently acquired an island beater (Honda Civic Hatchback) with a bad Alternator. It might have some other internal electrical/poltergeist issues as well. Anyone know of a good Auto Elec/Alternator shop on island that might be able to tow the little beast to their shop and does good work?

As is often the case, the work might cost more than the car is worth, but we are just trying to get it up and running so some friends might use it while they are here and friends visiting during the week of our wedding....

Thanks for the help in advance!

Easy,

G

are you sure it is the alt, is the battery holding a sharge ? does the motor roll over fast enough, if not the starter may be bad. if the will start even if you have to jump start it, after it is running take off the pos, side of the battery cable,`if it still runs the alt, is still good.

Not sure where exactly you are located, but I've always had good service and felt that I've been treated fairly by Lance Goya's Chevron on Nu'uanu and Pauoa. Alternatively, why not just pull the alternator out and take it to a checker. I believe they can hook it up and diagnose it for you on the spot.

Matt

Alternators on older Civics are simple to replace. Why not pull it yourself?

I'd love to help this Saturday, but we're leaving Hawaii today.

Matt

I've had good experiences with Wayne's Auto Electric on Queen's Street in Kakaako.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom