Diving Holiday Recommendation Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

widarecu

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

I'm going to be working in Malaysia next week and after that I'm planing a very well deserved week holiday in Malaysia or the surroundings, having Philippines as one of my best options.

I don't really know much about good diving spots in the area so I'd like to have some recomendations from you the experts

My budget is ok but not as big as I'd like it to be, but a nice place with paradaise beaches and dream scuba would be excellent (fun night life would be a plus ), is that too much to ask???? heheheheheh

Thanks a lot in advance for any recomendations you may have,

Cheers,

Wilson

all of the above you can get at:

Puerto Galera: lots of options on accommodations to fit every budget w/ a good night life

paradise beaches and all that... the guys will have to give more details on the visayas (w/c you can fly directly to from KL)

Jag

alona/cabilao, bohol: great diving, paradise beach, no nightlife
boracay: paradise beach, active nightlife, so-so diving
PG: great diving, good nightlife, not so nice beach
mactan/moalboal, cebu: good diving, good beach, vibrant nightlife (but not all in one place)

hope this helps

Thanks Jigo and Shugar for your valuable recommendations.

All the options look good but I don't know which one to choose :(

I'm planning to spend around 8 days there and mostly what I want is to have great diving without getting bored when I'm not in the sea. PG sounds perfect but more like commercial and beaches not soo good; alona/cabilao, bohol sound as a paradise with dream diving but I may get bored.

Am I concluding wrong? What would be your choice??

Thanks again to all of you for your valuable help :)

if you stay in alona, you can always get a ride to tagbilaran city which is just 30 minute away. for your no-dive day, you can also hire a ride to tour bohol's topside attractions such as the chocolate hills, tarsiers, loboc river, cave and churches.

PG is not actually that commercial but is pretty laid back. there are some resorts with decent beaches but are a bit of a distance away from the nightlife and restaurants in sabang.

if you stay in alona, you can always get a ride to tagbilaran city which is just 30 minute away. for your no-dive day, you can also hire a ride to tour bohol's topside attractions such as the chocolate hills, tarsiers, loboc river, cave and churches.

PG is not actually that commercial but is pretty laid back. there are some resorts with decent beaches but are a bit of a distance away from the nightlife and restaurants in sabang.

Hi guys, thanks for the sugestions, I'm going to start now to look for the small details (hotels, diving and the rest :) )

Thanks for your time,

Wilson

Back
Top Bottom