CCR Skills brush-up in Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joemcd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I'm going to be diving with my X-CCR in the Philippines for 2 weeks at the start of May. I'm a MOD1 with about 60 hours done since training in the last 2.5 years. Unfortunately, last year I only got a bit of diving done and then injured my foot so stopped. At some stage next year I'd like to do my MOD2. I probably have taken on a few bad habits since I've completed my training so was thinking a day or 2 of a 'refresher' would be good. Any recommendations of who or where in the Philippines I could do this with? I'm planning to do Wreck diving while over. I have nothing booked though besides my flights in and out of Manilla.

Thanks,
Joe

I'm not sure of any XCCR instructors in the Philippines.

If you want wrecks then you need to go to Subic or Coron. Doubt there's much CCR friendly in Coron, so check out Arizona in Subic, or look up Karl Hurwood or Miko Zulueta in Manila.

There's probably a few CCR guys in Puerto Galera although I'm not sure who these days. Check with Tech Asia.

If you want to get close up with sharks then come to Malapascua - Evolution is 100% CCR friendly with tanks, sorb, gasses etc. And we have Japanese wreck in 50m. We can certainly work with you to brush up your skills, although we only offer certified training on Pelagian and SF2.

Hope that helps.

Matt.

I think Gunter in Coron is a certified Inspiration instructor.

There are a few in PG.

Thanks Matt and Centrals for the responses. Coron is very much on my list for wrecks.

I had never thought about sharks. The does sound like a very interesting option to spice things up a bit. Just looked at your site there and it looks like a professional outfit, well done. I'm not so much bothered by supporting the X-CCR (debating whether to bring my own cylinders or not) and more about just basic skills brush-up. I'm going to take a look at the logistics now over the next couple of days and might contact you on your site if I can make a few things work.

Thanks again.

Just following up on this as I think it’s always useful to have info online for other people searching :
1) Spending my first week with Evolution in Malapascua. Very quick and detailed responses from Matt on this .
2) Originally looked at Coron. Gunter got back to me. For now he doesn’t offer Tech or CCR since Covid. Spoke with the team at Sangat. Flights were a bit tricky and it was a little bit more expensive than I would have liked.
3) I messaged Arizona Dive Subic. Not sure if they were online during January but they got in touch with me this week so I’ll do my 2nd week there.

Thanks all for the help

Back
Top Bottom