Love my Oceanic Atom 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Muggsy

SB Shows and Events
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I recently upgraded to an Oceanic Atom 2.0 and love it. The size and ease of operation is great. Since the transmitter is so small I have my rig configured with a small SPG as a back up. I really like the fact that I can use it for multi gases and accelerated deco with enriched nitrox mixes. The buddy check feature I hope is good, havent tried it yet, but Howard just ordered one so we will be testing it soon. I would definitely recommend this computer to anyone.

I've had mine for nearly two years now and I love it as well. I've never used BuddyCheck, let us know how it works.

I don't use an SPG. I dove both the Atom 2 and my ProPlus 2 side-by-side the first 25 dives or so when I started using my Atom and it was always perfect. No failures, incorrect data, weird messages, etc. Now I dive the Atom alone. In fact, my travel rig only has the transmitter, LP inflator hose, and 2nd stage on it. I'm seriously streamlined!

Phil,

You're a wealth of knowledge.

being the redundant fool that i am, i still carry my old Suunto Vyper, while i get use to the Atom 2.0. You and michelle both commented on using both a low pressure gauge and the transmitter...that's possible? I see that there is an extra port on the 1st stage...

i think this is one of those Homer Simpson .... "DOLT" moments....is it?

Thanks again.
Seth

How many hoses you can connect depends on your first stage. If your first stage has two HP ports, you can use a SPG and a transmitter. If it only has one, you have to make a choice. I use Oceanic Delta IV/FDX-10 regs. The FDX-10 has two HP ports and four LP ports.

I'm glad that I can help you guys. I used to have lots of questions too and folks here were kind enough to help me, so I'm just trying to keep the faith.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom