Looking for my instructors or managers in Dive Center Attleboro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RMK

New
Reaction score
Hi,

I took classes with Dive Center at Attleboro, MA last summer. I was not very comfortable with equalizing and my BCD didn't fit me well which made me out of balance sometime (The small size is still too big for me). So the instructor suggested me to take the class again this year with them in order to get more comfortable under water. I have passed the written tests and swim tests. However, I recently found out Dive Center is out of business. I'm going to have a trip to Caribbean and I'd like to do some dives there with my husband. I'd like to skip the classroom session to save some time and money. I was told that I need written proof that I have done/passed the classroom part. However, I couldn't find the contact of my instructor or the store manager. I really appreciated that if someone could provide me my instructor's contact (I think he's name is Rich if I'm right and he's tall and skinny) or the manager or even the owner's contact so that I can get a written proof.

Thanks a lot!

I believe SadiesMom here on ScubaBoard did some work as a divemaster for them. Try sending her a PM if she doesn't see this thread and answer herself, she might be able to help you get in touch with your instructor.

I don't know how PM works here. I tried to PM her a while ago, but didn't get response. Will a private message send to her mailbox here or her private email address? Her last access of the site was in July. So she may not see my message if the message was sent to her mailbox here. I suspect she was the dive master who assisted the instructor in my class. If you or anyone knows her contact, please let me know. I wonder when Don sold his property, did he still keep the records?

PMs go to a user's mailbox on Scubaboard, however, Scubaboard sends an email to the recipient's email address on file to notify them that they have a new message.

I don't know her so I have no idea if she is around. I just remembered her posting back when the shop went out of business that she was a DM for them.

Good luck

Sorry - hadn't checked in on Scubaboard in a while. I just got your PM today.

The instructor you're looking for is Rick Lewis and although I haven't talked to him since the shop closed, I used the old contact e-mail I had for him and sent along your contact information. If I don't get a bounce back from that e-mail, I'd assume he'll get in touch with you - he's a really nice guy.... :). Good luck with your referral!

Sadie'sMom...

Rick Lewis is the BEST dive instructor ever!! Nothing but praises for him.

I used to live just down the road from that dive shop, but moved to CT a few years ago and did not know the shop in N Attleboro closed.

Rick was my BOW and AOW instructor and I just loved taking classes with him and working with him after I became a DM. The Scuba Center closed last October when Don was offered an obscene amount of money for the land. :wink: He had intended to relocate to another place in either Attleboro or Pawtucket, but in the process of moving, he injured himself and discovered that he had cancer. At that point, he felt he needed to concentrate on his health, rather than reopening the shop. From what I've heard, Don's doing well now, but is at an age where he just wants to enjoy his life rather than worry about keeping a dive shop going. It was a real loss to those of us who loved the shop - he was in business over 25 years...he and his wife Sue are wonderful people :)

SadiesMom

They were doing a lot of building along Route 1 , and I am not surprised that they offered him a crazy amount of money for the land.

As far as his health...I must say I am in shock about him having cancer...that is so sad! He and Sue were so kind and helpful.

I grew up near there and as far back as I can remember ( even back in the 80's) the "old shop" big blue building being on the corner next to the Tux shop.

Then a few years ago they moved just a little bit down the road.

I am speechless....

I am glad he is spending time with family and friends though.

Don't panic, Jean - I haven't been in close touch with either Don or Sue since the shop closed, but from what I've heard from mutual friends, my understanding is that Don's doing just fine :)

And RMK, I heard right back from Rick Lewis - he's working with PADI on taking care of this for you. :)

SadiesMom

RMK, did you find your instructor. I'm trying to find our instructor, Dennis. I think he held onto our log books because we needed to stop back in and get our cards. That never happened, so I'm trying to figure our what to do.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom