I went diving Saturday TOO!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I posted this in the Florida Conch forum but no one cared :(. I guess the panhandle has truly become L.A. :D.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was pouting on Thursday that the tides wouldn't be right for jetty diving on Saturday. I came to SB to console my spirits and found a PM from Puffer Fish saying he was going to do a boat dive on Saturday morning and he invited me to join him. I took him up on his offer and had a blast.

The morning started a little strange. I had ordered a new cover for my 2nd stage Sherwood and Steve at ScubaTech said he could pop it on for the dive. He did the work and I headed to the boat. When I got there, Puffer Fish told me Steve had called the boat and said I needed to bring the regs back. I went back and was shown that the guts of the first stage had fallen out (I had recently had service). Nancy had found one of my parts on the floor and it was traced back to me - Great catch guys. Steve had me patched up and back to the boat in no time.

The water was very calm with very little current today. Skies were blue and we went to two sites that I have never been to before. Both dives had similar temperatures, 83 surface - thermocline at 35' - bottom temp 75. Viz was best on dive one - some times 50'. Dive two was not as good - 30' to 40'. Both dives had a lot of particles in the water.

Dive one was on the Haywood and number two on Brown's barge. Nothing terribly exciting on the dives but very nice with the fair viz. I did almost have an incident with a barracuda after the Haywood dive. As we were surfacing and heading to the back of the boat I noticed a big cuda hiding under the hull. I kept looking at it and it started not ignoring me like others have. It turned toward me and floated sideways with me down the length of the boat. It kept getting closer and looking at me so I put my fins up hoping to discourage the strange behavior - no dice. It got within 5' of me as I got to the ladder. I handed my camera and fins up and climbed out at record speed . Puffer said as soon as I got out of the water the cuda swam away. I've never felt like dinner to a fish before.

We dropped the tanks back at ScubaTech for fills and headed to Dewey Destin's to dine on relatives of the creatures we had just been swimming with. We were treated to a floor show on the next dock over during our meal. The woman who lives there believes she owns the water in front of her property. Two kayakers were touching her dock and she got on the dock and yelled at them until they moved away. Another lady had waded out a few feet into the water but across the "property line" and was scolded by the owner again. The offending woman ignored the owner until the owner went back to the house and got her daughter. Both made a ruckus and the offender slowly walked off. During these incidents, a waitress from Dewey's was giving the history of the mental status of the whole family next door, giving a blow by blow description of the action, and cheering for the offending parties.

Thanks for the great day of fun Puffer Fish!

Here is a slideshow from the dives - just click the picture:

Thnx for the report

Oh Yoda we care....:10: We are just jealous that we didn't get to go with you!

I posted this in the Florida Conch forum but no one cared :(. I guess the panhandle has truly become L.A. :D.

I really enjoyed the photos. Thanks. Glad you got out!

Thanks for sharing Yoda! ((((((((HUGGIES))))))))))

Carolyn:sharks:

Is she giving you diapers? :rofl3:

isn't that the truth!

We dropped the tanks back at ScubaTech for fills and headed to Dewey Destin's to dine on relatives of the creatures we had just been swimming with. We were treated to a floor show on the next dock over during our meal. The woman who lives there believes she owns the water in front of her property. Two kayakers were touching her dock and she got on the dock and yelled at them until they moved away. Another lady had waded out a few feet into the water but across the "property line" and was scolded by the owner again. The offending woman ignored the owner until the owner went back to the house and got her daughter. Both made a ruckus and the offender slowly walked off. During these incidents, a waitress from Dewey's was giving the history of the mental status of the whole family next door, giving a blow by blow description of the action, and cheering for the offending parties.

one of Dewey's neighbors has hired lawyers trying to get Dewey's closed down for operating there..... They don't like having anyone there...

This must be that same set of neighbors...

Is she giving you diapers? :rofl3:

I know I'm getting old but not that far gone yet. I do have a new grandson - he could use the diapers :D.

I know I'm getting old but not that far gone yet. I do have a new grandson - he could use the diapers :D.
((((((SEAYODA)))))))

I hope that makes up for it! LOL!

Carolyn:sharks:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom