Lobster Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

algulfdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Who's Up for a Lodster Dive?
You MUST be comfortable in 120 + fsw and Live Boat Drift Diving.
I would highly recommend being Nitrox certified.
Looking at $125.pp

Hey Gary,, just curious.....

You diving in Florida waters or Alabama waters?

Is any license required, or covered by vessel license.
(I'm not even sure if Bama has a lobster license.... or an allowance for lobsters on a saltwater normal fishing license.)

Also, since you prob know, whats the rule on catching Lobsters in FL waters and then returning to an Alabama port? (just curious).

thanks.

Hey Gary,, just curious.....

You diving in Florida waters or Alabama waters?

Is any license required, or covered by vessel license.
(I'm not even sure if Bama has a lobster license.... or an allowance for lobsters on a saltwater normal fishing license.)

Also, since you prob know, whats the rule on catching Lobsters in FL waters and then returning to an Alabama port? (just curious).

thanks.

Mike Alabama has no significant lobster fishery and therefore no regulations governing the harvest or possession of lobster. But don’t take this wrong they are out there I have often wondered why the State fisheries could not make use of old worn out washing machines and dryer to use as a reef for Lobsters they are like a magnet for them.Out in the old fish haven there are still a few around and are always good for one or two if you have a good seeing eye dog because of viz.
In closing a saltwater pass should be fine

OOOO!!! ME!ME!ME!

I have a FL Saltwater license with a spiny endorsement. Nitrox Certified, and have live boated with you before. I even have a catch bag or two.

I'll see if I can round up a buddy for this.

Any dates in particular?

Ok it's on the calendar for the 27th and I am thinking of doing one on the 28th as well.

Back
Top Bottom