Cooper River / Charleston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Grumby

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone diving on the Cooper the week of 1-5 Sept? I will be up that way and would love to get in on a charter to find some Megs.

Anyone interested in getting something going?

Nope, I'm going to start making some calls tomorrow. I think the challenge for me will be to find someone who is willing/able to do a non-weekend trip. I will be arriving on Sunday and leaving the next Saturday.

Definitely black water diving, but that is where the big teeth are at! I am waiting for an answer for you Cpt! I will call the shop tomorrow if I do not get an email!

Carolyn:sharks:

Thanks! I'll do what I can to bring you a Meg and some Jager/Red Bull so you will be primed and ready for DJ Johnny Mac's Talent Showcase!!!

:rofl3:

Thanks! I'll do what I can to bring you a Meg and some Jager/Red Bull so you will be primed and ready for DJ Johnny Mac's Talent Showcase!!!

:rofl3:

And that my friend is why I love you! Jaeger straight will be just fine! Yummy!

The worst viz I have been in is were i cant even see my hand or and barely my bubbles. Is it going to be worse than this? What do you consider black water?

BLACK! As in no light at all! This is River water. Basically this kind of diving is crawling along the bottom feeling for the artifacts in the muck/sand/gravel on the bottom. You need a good light, be able to work in a current, have head protection, and definitely have good gloves!

Here ya go Grumby. I was told that this was a good outfit to dive with. There are links to other charters there too.
http://darkwateradventures.com/page2.html

Hey Chica (L4S),
Thanks for the info. I am booked w/ Capt Tom on the 31st. I am calling your contacts tomorrow to see if I can't set up a second trip during the week I am there. I will see you at Vortoberfest, hopefully with a few nice megs and some other neat fossils.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom