Visayas november

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

torsk

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
Going to the Philippines for the third time(Padre Burgos, Palawan, Malapasqua, Panglao) this November, love the place:)
We went to malapasqua and Panglao in September and had a nice stay, but couldn't go anwhere because of heavy wind. Any idea how the weather are at this time. Would also apreciate suggestions about other places to go(within 1 day of travelling from cebu) We are looking for a nice beach, snorkeling and diving.
Any comments are much apreciated

Kind regards

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your Philippine trip and planning to go back for another visit. November is a hit and miss month. It being the very tail-end of the rainy season and the seasons seems to be a little bit screwed up. Some chances of typhoons occurring. It is hard to tell. 50-50, IMHO.

Moalboa, It's about two hour drive southwest of Cebu City. I've heard the beach is good, there is also diving there.

Hi,
Going to the Philippines for the third time(Padre Burgos, Palawan, Malapasqua, Panglao) this November, love the place:)
We went to malapasqua and Panglao in September and had a nice stay, but couldn't go anwhere because of heavy wind. Any idea how the weather are at this time. Would also apreciate suggestions about other places to go(within 1 day of travelling from cebu) We are looking for a nice beach, snorkeling and diving.
Any comments are much apreciated

Kind regards

I go to Malapacua quite often and have been there at least 6 times - good dive destination. I would also recommend Apo Island and Dumaguete area which is a couple hour fast ferry ride from Cebu or a 5.5 hour bus ride (not recommended). I've been to Apo twice (on the island) and really enjoyed both stays. If you want more ammenities you can stay on the larger island - Negros. There are at least two resorts there that others stay at and boat over to dive around Apo.

I usually travel there in November and have had decent weather but last year there were 3 typhoons in the area one of which was a "Super" typhoon and that really limited diving.

Good Luck.

November is SUPER TYPHOON month......sort of.....it is hit or miss really. The West coast of Visayas does not get hit as much. It is typhoon season. Anything can happen.

Thanks a lot! I think we will do this: Apo island/Dumaguete(2 days), Siquijor(4 days) Moalbol (2 days). That way we will be sure to get back to Cebu and catch our plane in the evening. The transport days are not calculated in the schedule. Should we do 2 or 3 places? it seems there is so much to see but on the other hand we would like not to rush tomuch! Any comments on snorkeling on house reefs. My wife is pregnant so I'll do the diving but she like's to do some photography while snorkeling. Is the diving compareble to Padre Burgos? That was the best diving we have ever had!!!
I'm don't worry to much about Typhoons, it's more continously rain and wind and cloudy weather that bothers me since, as a Dane, I'm living with that weather almost year round1
Anyway thanks again for helping out!!!

Torsk

Thanks a lot! I think we will do this: Apo island/Dumaguete(2 days), Siquijor(4 days) Moalbol (2 days). That way we will be sure to get back to Cebu and catch our plane in the evening. The transport days are not calculated in the schedule. Should we do 2 or 3 places? it seems there is so much to see but on the other hand we would like not to rush tomuch! Any comments on snorkeling on house reefs. My wife is pregnant so I'll do the diving but she like's to do some photography while snorkeling. Is the diving compareble to Padre Burgos? That was the best diving we have ever had!!!
I'm don't worry to much about Typhoons, it's more continously rain and wind and cloudy weather that bothers me since, as a Dane, I'm living with that weather almost year round1
Anyway thanks again for helping out!!!

Torsk

That is too much traveling. I would limit to two dive locations for that short period of time. Not sure but I think Dumaguete and Siquijor would be a better combination.

Back
Top Bottom