Tooth Squeeze

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marc_Joshua

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi guys and gals, was in Riau Archipelago on my previous dive trip and on my second dive, I encountered a tooth squeeze, felt like someone just jammed a knife between my tooth and gum and was trying really hard to pry my tooth out, needless to say, my whole day went down the drain cos of that! Can anyone relate to this? And are there any preventive measures? Also what are the causes of tooth squeeze? Thanks in advance!

I had a tooth squeeze and needed a root canal as there was an infection at the root. It could also be just a bad filling. It is extremely painful. Don't dive again until you get it fixed. Sorry to hear you went through it.

I used to get them, very often and did not know why, I saw an ears, note and throat doctor and he said they were sinus squeeze due to mild allergies.

I had what I thought was a tooth squeeze that turned out to be a strained ligament. I must have chomped on the mouthpiece funny. It hurt for about a month. Only a dentist could tell you for sure.

What feels like tooth squeeze is mre often sinus squeeze. Your dentist or ear, nose and throat doctor should be able to tell you for sure.

I've had it (or what I thought to be one) too, once.

It was horrible. Right at 30 feet, I felt a sharp pain in my molars. Not like a prying, more like a stabbing. I thumbed the dive.

Isn't a tooth squeeze generally limited to one tooth that had some air trapped in it when the dentist filled it?

Well, went to my dentist and he said my teeth were fine, even had an x-ray and all was clear. Hmmm I wonder wad this means...

Well, went to my dentist and he said my teeth were fine, even had an x-ray and all was clear. Hmmm I wonder wad this means...

It means you had a sinus squeeze. Tooth squeeze is actually rare. Most often, when a diver experiences what feels like tooth pain it is actually sinus squeeze.

Back
Top Bottom