Overnight in Terminal 3?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pony

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I hope someone can advise us on a possible senerio for a late night arrival in Manila. My question is this; Can we (or should we) overnight at terminal 3 in a lounge area/etc??

We will be arriving at Naia for our dive trip at approx 10:30pm (If airline is on time). I figure by the time we exit the plane, pick up luggage, clear customs/immigration it will be 11:30pm. By the time we get to a hotel...Midnight, then back to Terminal 3 at 5:00am for a 7:00am flight to Dumaguete. Is it really worth going to a hotel for maybe 4-5 hours sleep after a 18.5 flight? Any alternatives or suggestions would be appreciated.

if it were up to me, i would prefer to get a few hours' sleep on a decent bed so i can dive once i hit dumaguete. there are some nice hotels and motels near the airport.

Which airline are you flying to Dumaguete on? If it's PAL then it's a different terminal.

Eitherway after coming in to T3 for the first time last month I would say get a hotel. Although everything looked kind of nice and new and clean there was no sign of seats or facilities other than toilets. There may be in the check in area but I couldn't say.

You will easily get a taxi, and it is only 20mins or so to somewhere to stay.

Where are you staying in Dumaguete?

Matt.

I had 4 hours to kill there before my flight last month and the terminal seats are woeful. Basically hard bucket type seats that completely prohibit stretching out. Also, the food is nothing short of pathetic, a few overpriced greasy options and worst of all NO BAR ! Worst international airport ever...

Thanks everyone for the input. Looks as though we better get a hotel for the night. Any First hand suggestions for a close, clean accomodation??

I have stayed at the Carlton (sp) on three different occasions, I think it was 1800P a night and very close to the old domestic terminal. It is fine for overnighting but not quite Motel Six quality...

Just curious do you still have choice to fly into CEBU?

I had a similar situation on my April trip to Dumaguete - arrived in Manila from Tokyo at 11:30, out at 6 or 7 am to Dumaguete. I chose to stay at Mabuhay Manor - certainly nice enough for 4 hours horizontal and worth the $40 or so I paid. Arrived at El Dorado in Dumaguete by 9:30 AM and on the boat for the 11:00 AM dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom