RMS Rhone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OneBadBusa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just got back from a cruise and was able to do a 2 tank dive in Tortola. Unbelievable wreck dive. I am so grateful to have witnessed this. My dive buddy Howie shot 27 pics with a $16. camera which are great for what the thing cost.

Last edited:
My wife and I went to Tortola for the first week of our 2 week honeymoon 2 years ago (second week in Bonaire). The Rhone was great and there were several reef dives that we really enjoyed. But, I'd have to catagorize the diving as decent (maybe Bonaire has spoiled me). The topside attractions were great too. The food was incredible and there was so much to do. We wanted to go to The Baths on Virgin Gorda, but didn't have time. If you end up on the island and have time, there is a great BBQ place outside of Roadtown headed toward the airport called Fat Hog Bob's (no, I'm not kidding). It's on the water and has Guiness based BBQ sauce (and I'm not a Guiness drinker) that was awesome. We ate there 3 times in a week. There are a lot of other great places to eat there too, but that one stood out. Also, you should check out Bomba Shack. Driving on the island is interesting (hope you like roller coasters). The really nice thing is that you can have some privacy on the beaches (at least we did at the Long Bay Beach Resort).

I was in Tortola the winter following my certification and chose to pass on this dive but would love to see the pics taken with the $16 camera. Will the be posted? Some day I hope to make it back there (Torola was beautiful - we took a long boat ride to a small beach away from where the cruise docked).....amazing water. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Just got back from a cruise and was able to do a 2 tank dive in Tortola. Unbelievable wreck dive. I am so grateful to have witnessed this. My dive buddy Howie shot 27 pics with a $16. camera which are great for what the thing cost.

Not sure how to post pix but will try. While I was under the water my wife was being driven around was not impressed at all with what she saw. She was even charges a $1 to use a bathroom in one of the restaurants and $5 for a beach chair at a very small beach

Where is this post supposed to be? I Just checked in the Photography section and there is nothing with that title. Let us know.

Thanks

Just posts some of the pix under the title RMS RHONES. Tell me what you think?

Just posts some of the pix under the title RMS RHONES. Tell me what you think?
I see you saw the marble tile floor, didn't they show you the spoon? Or the prop/driveshaft?

I see you saw the marble tile floor, didn't they show you the spoon? Or the prop/driveshaft?

We rubbed the spoon and the porthole. Saw the prop shaft and swam under the stern so our bubbles would come out the pipe.

Nice pics. My son and I dove the Rhone in June. Other than the flash not working on the first dive, we had a great time. I hope to go back there someday, but there are many more places to go in between!!

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom