Lake Nubble Sun 10/5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefseal

Contributor
Reaction score
Dove Nubble this AM I wasn't expecting great conditions given the storms that just had passed through. The forecast said light winds from west (always a good thing) As got there, it was flat calm. There was a couple divers that had just got out as I was going in and they said conditions were great.

I had dove mid day when the tide was at lowest. No waves or surge so not a problem going in and out.

First thing I noticed was the vis was amazingly clear. 30 feet?

The water is still warm on the surface 56 and 52 degrees at depth. (69 fsw) I was diving with my doubles so decided cruised out to the other side of the island. I really enjoy just checking out the other side as it's rarely diveable. Lots of cool anenomes (sp?) I saw one tiny one on one of the old lobster pots. If it wasn't low tide, I probably could have easily rounded the island. As I was coming back, did run into the coolest huge school of small bait fish.. No striper sitings. Bottom time 1:07

A good day.

Ships Cove in Cape Elizabeth was uncommonly nice this afternoon too.

No grief from the officials? Nubble is meant to be off limits Sundays through October.

Pete

Ships Cove in Cape Elizabeth was uncommonly nice this afternoon too.

No grief from the officials? Nubble is meant to be off limits Sundays through October.

Pete

Uh oh..
Through October? I thought it was only until Labor Day. There were two other divers exiting as I was entering. I wasn't sure and went to the go to see the rules on the sign but it was gone.

I just checked and saw on N. Shore Frogman site it's end of October. Good to know.

Uh oh..
Through October? I thought it was only until Labor Day. There were two other divers exiting as I was entering. I wasn't sure and went to the go to see the rules on the sign but it was gone.

I just checked and saw on N. Shore Frogman site it's end of October. Good to know.

Here's the local ordinance. I have never heard of it being harshly enforced but I could be wrong.

Pete

thanks. Wouldn't want to do anything to alienate the Parks group. They have been very accomodating allowing divers to dive Sat. Our dive club gets special permission to dive Nubble on Sunday for the annual lighting of Nubble in the summer. (we bring the same tree up we bring up in Christmas lighting of nubble event) I didn't realize it went as early as April! I thought it was Sundays starting May.

Back
Top Bottom