T & C Explorer - which hotel beforehand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gwen1011

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Planning a trip on the T & C Explorer, and if conditions allow (I think usually they do) the boat hangs out in the Caicos Marina. My question is if we decide to come in a day early, at which hotel should we stay if we want to avoid a long cab ride from the hotel to the marina? For some reason I've been having issues mapping things out on that island.

Thanks!

Gwen

I'm not sure what the Caicos Marina is. The liveaboard dive boats used to be based at Turtle Cove Marina, and a good place to stay there is Turtle Cove Inn: reasonable, right by the dock and strolling distance to many bars and restaurants. The issue with Turtle Cove Marina is impaired accessability at low tide. Many of the boats, including the larger C&E Explorer II, now use the "South Dock", a commercial port which isn't really close to anything but affords deeper water and a shorter run to the West Caicos/French Caye dive destinations.

Caicos Marina is the place Explorer has on their website under something like "how to find the boat" - it threw me because I was expecting it to say Turtle Cove Marina as well. Maybe the "south dock" is the Caicos Marina. (??)

Back
Top Bottom