Oceanic Veo 100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TennisCoach

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello guys,

I have a couple of questions regarding my Oceanic Veo 100 computer. I have the one that goes on the gauge console. Yesterday I did a pool dive and even though the computer turned on and it showed the H2O onthe screen but it did not worked. The gauge was changing from that screen to some other screens but it will not record or show the depth of the dive or any other information of the dive. Is there anything that I have to do to turn it on? Do I have to change any of the settings in the menu to have it work? I am thinking about clearing the memory and that should bring it to the manufacture settings. Any help that you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
cc

Try turning it on manually before entering the water. My theory is that air was trapped in the contacts so the computer didn't activate until you were a few feet deep - and it didn't like that. But that's just a wild guess and I might be full of it.

I have an XR1 and it doesn't seem to always "water activate" right away so I make a point of turning it on first. That way I can check my battery before I hit the water too.

cant help you with your particular problem. but i recently worked at an oceanic dealer that sold tons of these. most of them had similar issues and had to be sent back to the manufacturer, often more than once. on the plus side, oceanic has great customer service, probably cause they get so many returns.

I think it is a depth issue. I use one and you have to go below something like 10 feet for it to start a log and once you rise above 6 it goes to surface mode....if I remember correctly. Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom