BP & wings just recieved

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaDan

Reaction score
Just received my two new halcyon wings!!!! for me and the wife. Now all I have to do is figure out how to adjust them and put the mc storage pack on. Also is there a way to adjust the crotch strap or do I need to get a longer one.

Call the Bozo you got it from anf find out why you didn't get a manual!

ScubaDan once bubbled...
Just received my two new halcyon wings!!!! for me and the wife. Now all I have to do is figure out how to adjust them and put the mc storage pack on. Also is there a way to adjust the crotch strap or do I need to get a longer one.

Have you had an oppurtunity to use a BP/Wing setup before?

...make sure you get your complimentary pitcher of Kool-Aid while you're on the phone with them about the manual. :boom:

I didn't get a manual from FifthD when I ordered mine. :upset: Thanks for the link to it.

You're going to love the wings.

Good choice.

Halcyon makes outstanding gear.

I'm getting there on the adjustments but it's not easy for someone that has never had a BP and wing setup. I wish the Bozo that sold me this could have help with the adjustments :D

I would like to know if you cut the waist band's extra length off, If not, what do you do with the extra?

The harness material is real stiff and very hard to work with. I like the crotch strap a lot better.

When I got mine it was set up loose. I followed the directions on the Baue site (others have posted the url) but with no help it's hard to see behind your back to get the shoulder strap adjusted.
What I did that seemed to help was to get some slack in the strap and then pulling the strap into position (I wore the suit I will be using) I held the spot that the strap went through the backplate and using a white marker marked that spot.

Adjusted that side and then the other. It was real close. I then used a pair of vice-grips (the welding variety) to hold the straps and then made the final adjustments that way.

I haven't taken the DIR class yet, so mine probably isn't adjusted the "optimum" way yet but it feels really good in the water. YMMV

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom