PADI or SSI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm wanting to be an Instructor, I'm already open water.Don't know which one to use PADI or SSI any suggestions?

Going to depend onthe shop you want to work with or for that matter if you even want to work thru a shop. PADI allows independant instructors while SSI does not. To be a SSI Instructor you MUST be affiliated with one of their stores, making it more difficult if you were to have a dissagreement in that store. With PADI you can go almost anywhere.

Look online at any place you want to dive in the world and see all the different shops.
Check which certification agency they are affiliated with and whoever offers the most, pick that one and you will have a better chance of gaining employment.

What's the difference between a scuba instructor and a large pizza?

A large pizza can feed a family of four.

Seriously.
Bryan.
(Instructor.)

what does a dive instructor make a year?

Short answer is Student Divers
Cause its sure not a lot of money.

What's the difference between a scuba instructor and a large pizza?

A large pizza can feed a family of four.

Seriously.
Bryan.
(Instructor.)

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Thanks for the laugh.
Sad but so very true.

There have been several threads on this topic, just use the search feature:search: to find them.

what does a dive instructor make a year?

Europe and Egypt if you're really lucky $1000 a month.

Ive just come across a job offer in Palau that offers $600 a month.

That should give you a rough idea if thinking in terms of money only.

As for the becoming an instructor thing, you're only open water and dont appreciate yet any differences between agencies and so on. Go diving. Lots of it. Get a few hundred dives in. Then you'll be in a position to make that decision for yourself and the right experience level then to pursue it.

scubadiver1973:
I'm wanting to be an Instructor, I'm already open water.Don't know which one to use PADI or SSI any suggestions?

There are lots more choices than just these two. My suggestion is to dive as much as you can for a few years, learn more about diving while you gain experience. Watch other divers, watch instructors teach. Talk to the good ones. Your opinion of which ones are good will likely change over time. At that point, if you still want to teach and still aren't clear about which agency suits you best, ask again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom