What are the main differences between the ATS and HD100?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geoff200

New
Reaction score
# of dives

They both appear to weigh the same (4.3Kg)
Both are Single Tank Integrated Wing/Harness/Soft Plate/Padding design.
Both have integrated weights.
I know the HD100 has trim pockets where the ATS doesn't (But could be added later)

Are there any differences that I should be aware of?

They both appear to weigh the same (4.3Kg)
Both are Single Tank Integrated Wing/Harness/Soft Plate/Padding design.
Both have integrated weights.
I know the HD100 has trim pockets where the ATS doesn't (But could be added later)

Are there any differences that I should be aware of?

Hi Geoff,

You are correct. On paper, they look identical. Identical lift cap, materials, construction and overall design are very similar.

The ATS differs from the HD100 mainly in the waist strap. It utilizes a 2" nylon waist strap and stainless weight belt buckle similar to a traditional backplate/wing system. Also standard is the removable cummberbund assembly and 2" D-rings and hardware on the waist for pony bottle or canister light attachment. Whereas the HD100 utilizes a 1.5" quick release waist strap with cummberbund similar to traditional BCD's. Also comes standard with exterior pockets on both the right and left hip.

ATS is a crossover BC designed for the recreational to tech crossover diver. HD100 is just a awesomely rugged recreational BC. Both fit into the same category, but also fit into their own special niche.

I suggest you check out both. Drop me a PM with your location or see our dealer locator and find the nearest Hollis dealer. Where To Buy Hollis Gear

Hope this helps.

Is the cummberbund on the HD 100 made of elastic material similar to the one on the Oceanic Excursion.
Allen

Back
Top Bottom