Catching Fast Fish?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KuwaitiDiver

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone

First, i would like to say to those who posts their msg's in here, thank you so much, i have registered after i saw the awsome job in this site. Excellent Job

Now, I do some spear Fishing, i have 3 questions related to that.

1- is the length of the spear Gun, affect its strength? the longer it is the stronger it would be? or it doesnt matter?

2- I see many of the times good fishs pass by, but they move very fast, how i can get those kind of fish?

3- Is it safe if i was surrounded with Baracoda's Fish to spearfishing one of them? I am talking about not less than 100!!!:wacko:

thanks in advance =-)

Welcome,spearfishing has a lot of local methods due to the different fish found worldwide.One general rule is not to chase fish as it causes then to percieve you as a predator and flee.Placing yourself in thier path or in areas where they are known to pass will increase yor chances.Here in the SE US we don't have many cases of barracuda harassing spearfishermen.Sharks occasionally pose a problem,but the biggest threat to spearfishermen here is DCS and other boaters.Finding some experienced spearfishers to learn from locally is probably the best method.Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom