Is there any diving in Colorado?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBrett22

Lionfish Slayer
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone well i am going to Colorado on June 26 to July 12 - 18 days to be exact and i a staying out side Estes Park and wanted to know is there any diving..... i see a lake on Google map lol i am such a :dork2: with Google.

Hi everyone well i am going to Colorado on June 26 to July 12 - 18 days to be exact and i a staying out side Estes Park and wanted to know is there any diving..... i see a lake on Google map lol i am such a :dork2: with Google.

if you guys or gals know any diving spots i might go for a swim on July 4th xD:rofl3:

I've ask that your thread be moved to the Rocky Mountain forum for better coverage.

Outside of the aquarium our diving is horrid. Some of the guys went to Aurora Res last weekend and had 15' vis and saw thousands of crawdads and a couple fish.

Yeah, he best diving in Colorado is when you get on an airplane destined for elsewhere. N

Nothing to write home about. However Aurora Reservoir has a designated diving area. There is a dive shop in Arvada that has a sand pit you can dive.
If you dive any of the lakes in the mountains you have to begin considering getting back to the Denver area over mountain passes. One must also consider that you have to take all of your breathing gas with you.
Santa Rosa, New Mexico has the Blue Hole which is an interesting dive. However, the dive shop at the site is not always open.

If you are looking to have a unique entry in your log book (been there, dove that) then by all means go for it.

Outside of the aquarium our diving is horrid. Some of the guys went to Aurora Res last weekend and had 15' vis and saw thousands of crawdads and a couple fish.

And a wonderful time was had by all! Part of the fun of a day like that (and we really did have fun) is ridiculing the conditions.

The closest diving to Estes Park (and it is pretty close) is Horsetooth Reservoir. I have never been in it. I am sure that once this thread gets to the Rocky Mountain Oyster site, someone from the Fort Collins area can help you out. Try contacting Divedoggie or reddiver970 to see if they have anything going in the area then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom