Morrison Springs Website

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wjefferis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was playing around and found the new website for Morrison Springs. I wasn't sure if everyone already knew about it or not, so I thought I would share Morrison Springs Florida

Also, does anyone still have the link to the NOAA website is that shows what the flood levels are at Morrison springs as well as a brief description of how to read it to tell if the water is going to be clear or not?

Water levels at the nearest gauge can be found at Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service: Tallahassee: Choctawhatchee River at Caryville . The gauge is actually in Caryville, off Highway 90 on the Choctawhatchee, which is a few miles NE of Morrison itself. Its still the best indicator we have at this point.

Several things come into play on judging conditons by the water levels, like whether the water is on the rise, or the fall, is the rain local or draining into the Choctawhatchee from the north, is the river water colder or warmer than the spring water(which is steady at 68F). Even then, its a guessing game.

Divable conditions are usually found at 6' or less. That doesn't necessarily mean the basin will be blue and crystal clear, it just means there's divable OW conditions. You can often find conditions divable above that level, but its a safer bet at 6' and less.

Back
Top Bottom