Price for O2 clean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can only tell you what my LDS charges....I suspect it varies by location, competition, etc.

My LDS charges $50 if the tank is new, and $75 if the tank is used. The explanation for the difference in price is that they have to do a more extensive cleaning/inspection if the tank has been filled by an unknown source.

--Sean

Thanks. Mine charged me $70 for a used tank and I thought that was high. Also $15 for a fill which I think is high as well.

$15.00 for a fill? Jeeze, do they at least give you LUNCH with that too?

-Dennis

Laser once bubbled...
Thanks. Mine charged me $70 for a used tank and I thought that was high. Also $15 for a fill which I think is high as well.

Ya, I was stunned by that as well. They partial pressure fill, so it's not like they have a costly set-up. I'll look elsewhere from here on out.

Laser once bubbled...

$15 for what volume of what gas? Air it's a lot, and it's high for Nitrox too... but my LDS charges $14 for a Nitrox fill. That's over $10 more than they charge for an air fill.

I'm in no rush to get Nitrox certified.

Ours charges $50.00 a tank for the cleaning regardless of size or if the tank is new or used. The person doing it is very thorough when he does it and does the same job if the tank is new or used.

Our fills are (80 cubic ft. tank) $10.00 for nitrox and $6.00 for air. Our LDS carries the nitrox pre-blended as EAN36 so oxygen cleaning of our tanks is not required. I have seen the trouble that the guy goes to at the one place that I have been to where he partial pressures. It is a pain in the behind for him to make sure that he is filling the tanks slowly enough not to heat them up at all (ensuring a true pressure) and to do a hand calculation of each individual tank every time he is asked for a nitrox fill. He has since gone to have EAN40 preblended that he will cut with air to give the desired mix.

diverbrian once bubbled...
Ours charges $50.00 a tank

Wish you were in Chicago.

Our fills are (80 cubic ft. tank) $10.00 for nitrox and $6.00 for air.

Congrats for a nice set up. Your customers should smile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom