Lake Martin Stuff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Smedley

Tommy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
A whole bunch of scuba family enjoyed Lake Martin fireworks on Saturday evening. We cruised on Mike’s large and comfortable houseboat, reclined in deck chairs, savored cool drinks, pigged on sandwiches and Lesley’s chocolate cake. We watched one of the best shows ever. I don’t think I have ever seen a more exciting grand finale. Nite Magic of Indiana put on the show this year. The bursts included bow ties, smiley faces, hearts, and comets. All-in-all there were over 1600 shells fired in 30 minutes (close to a shell a second). Boats appeared to be in the thousands their anchor lights glistening like stars on a clear night. The experience proved outstanding – comfortable ride – great company – great weather. We thank you Mike and Monica for a totally magnificent adventure. Did I mention great company – the best!

Don’t bother to plan a Kowaliga dive on the weekend of July 25. The Alan Jackson concert which is viewable only by boat is expected to draw a crowd of 15000 spectators. Yes that is three zeros. The stage will reportedly be between Sinclair’s Restaurant and the spot where we enter to dive the old bridge. Marine Police are calling in reinforcements from all over the state in anticipation of the event. The Aquapalooza debacle will be from mid week throughout the weekend.

Don’t forget your regulation dive flag when enjoying the jetties or the lakes. We saw full-well Saturday night that vessel on one’s driver license does not guarantee common sense.

Thanks for the report Tom :) Even if there was no diving involved, it was a good read.

Sounds like the waters of AL will be a free for all on the 25th since all the marine police will be sitting in the lake! :D

That was a great day. Tommy I enjoyed seeing you guys again..

It was a great day, and I also enjoyed the company !!! Tommy forgot to mention the brushfire that was caused by falling embers....and the frantic truck rushing down the hill to put it out...lol

Sounds like it might be a good day to dive after the concert. Gonna be alot of things dropped overboard!

NOOO.. All those boats will be there and party until late Sunday..

Fireworks and company were grand! Can only imagine what it would be like to have fireworks at a place like Cypress Springs during a night dive! Turn off the flashlights...
Monica

Attachments

• 001_Fireworks.jpg
    001_Fireworks.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 002_Fireworks.jpg
    002_Fireworks.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 003_Fireworks.jpg
    003_Fireworks.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 004_Fireworks.jpg