Beginning Spear Fishing Courses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vicarious D

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking at taking Performance Freediving Instructor's (PFI) Beginning Spear Fishing course being taught in Fort Lauderdale October 8-10th. Has anyone taken this course? Is it a good investment? I am comfortable freediving down to +/-50 feet but hardly consider myself an expert.

Thx!

You will be taught to spearfish by 2 of the legends in the sport who have tons of expierience in all aspects of spearfishing and diving in general. Sheri is a certified Trimix diver who has been spearfishing while scuba diving and now freediving for years and knows her stuff along with Darryl Wong from Hawaii who is equally as talented in the water. You will learn the importance of buddy freediving, breathing techniques and excersises, gun handling and use, hunting techniques and all sorts of other valuable tools. This will be some of you best money ever spent on anything important to you, what you will walk away with is an incredible amount of knowledge which you will carry throughout your spearfishing journey. They are 2 great people and as friendly as can be, well worth it my friend, enjoy every minute of it.

I am looking at taking Performance Freediving Instructor's (PFI) Beginning Spear Fishing course being taught in Fort Lauderdale October 8-10th. Has anyone taken this course? Is it a good investment? I am comfortable freediving down to +/-50 feet but hardly consider myself an expert.

Thx!

Vicarious,

It's a new program, but there's nothing else new about it.

Sheri is the founder of The Blue Wild Spearfishing Seminar & Expo The Blue Wild Spearfishing Seminar and Expo, the leading edge of the sport of spearfishing, since 2006. I've spearfished with her many times, with & without tanks, and she's always inspiring and very productive. Sheri's also the co-producer and star of the TV show Speargun Hunter on the Outdoor Channel.

Daryl is a legendary gun builder. I use 4 of his guns. He's also been a guest shooter on several Speargun Hunter shows.

This will be a great class for new shooters.

Chad

Hey, where cano find out more info about the seminar? I'm in Louisiana, and would love to take my son to further out education on spearing. Plan on doing some rig spearfishing here in Louisiana next summer:)

teal24,

Are you also a freediver? This is not a scuba spearfishing class, although some of the information is similar.

Here's the link to the PFI website page Basic Spearfishing Performance Freediving

Chad

Black1 and Chad:

Thank you for the outstanding feedback. I have clicked the "thanks" button as a small way of saying thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom