Games / things to do underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I do dives at a quarry that doesn't have much wildlife. It's dive, see a truck, then fart around for 30 minutes until the dive is over. Practically non-existent aquatic life.

So I figured filling up time with random underwater games or toys wouldn't be a bad idea. I have one of those torpedo things you can toss around, but can anyone recommend some other things to fill up time when there's not much to see or do underwater? And maybe cite links to buy? Every search shows up scuba video games.

Thanks!

It gives me the idea to try some games that we use when tailgating, like bring some washers or bean bags and create markers on the bottom of the silt, or along the platforms.

Underwater pumpkin carving is very popular in October.

In a quarry?

Try making rock stacks. Sounds like not much, but you'll find that anything over a very few gets to be a challenge. My friend got me hooked on doing this on safety stops/deco stops. Keeps you in one place without going stir crazy.

Anywhere else, the options open up. But that's my suggestion.

I do dives at a quarry that doesn't have much wildlife. It's dive, see a truck, then fart around for 30 minutes until the dive is over.

I don't understand what you mean about waiting "until the dive is over"? What was your dive plan?

Farting around sounds like a fun activity.

But maybe a scooter would be a more efficient mode of transportation?

:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom