lake ontario diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goldentouch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My wife & I own property on North East Lake Ontario better known as the golden crescent and have seen many wrecks on the charts but are having a hard time finding any coordiantes for them. Does anyone have any? We are especially trying to find them for the Markwell in Chaumont Bay. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I bought a book called "Great Lakes Diving Guide" by Cris Kohl. It will start at the east end of the seaway and work west to Mich. It gives loran and gps numbers for many of the wrecks as well as a write up about the vessels. If the numbers aren't listed, he gives a nice set of directions to find them. I found it well worth the $20 or so I paid.

My wife & I own property on North East Lake Ontario better known as the golden crescent and have seen many wrecks on the charts but are having a hard time finding any coordiantes for them. Does anyone have any? We are especially trying to find them for the Markwell in Chaumont Bay. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Take a look here in the Ontario Freshwater Freaks forum: Ontario Freshwater Freaks Wreck Coordinates

Or, you can search the main OFF forum for more information.

Bonne chance,

Download and install Google Earth, then click here:

http://www.underwatercouncil.com/downloads/OUC_Dive_Ontario_Directory.kmz

A lot of the wrecks are shown with GPS Coordinates.
Terry

I just looked in my copy of Cris Kohl's Great Lakes Diving Guide and did not find anything for the Markwell. Did it have another name?

I looked in The Great Lakes Diving guide and did not find it either. The only place that I have ever seen it is on a locally distributed dive map that has very little detail. The map also states that there is a 1960's vintage houseboat that is down in that area of chaumont- three mile bay as well but I have no luch with that one either.
thanks, Jason

Back
Top Bottom