Coral spring Scuba Park (TX)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JPacDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Going to be visiting this scuba park - has anyone been there? Is it worth my time?

Thx!

It depends upon what you are looking for, and this is assuming you mean "CLEAR Springs Scuba Park" located near Terrell, Texas. The site has good amenities--onsite air, restrooms, showers, etc...--and the staff is pretty accomodating and friendly. The vis is typically 8-10 feet this time of year, but is worse if there are lots of classes going on and better on Friday before things get stirred. Depth is mostly in the 30-35 foot range in the center, but there are deeper zones down to 60 feet. There are some "attractions" scattered about, but they are fairly well spaced and don't have the "junk yard" feel some parks have. There are a couple of boats, a trainer aircraft body, numerous platforms, a 30 foot shark (swimthrough) and assorted bombs, coffin, alligator, etc...just for fun.
There is an abundance of fish and a number of turtles, though you might watch your ears over by the airplane...there is a quite territorial and large sunfish with a penchant for nipping uncovered ears over there...hood suggested.
In short, it's a good place to dive, by Texas standards, for nice relaxing dives and skills practice. Have fun!

By the way, for more info and opinions, check out the "Texas Swamp Divers" forum here on SB. You can even find quite a few "swampers" who will be more than happy to meet you there and show you around.

oops, yes I guess I meant CLEAR springs scuba park. I'll definitely check out the TSD forum. looks very cool!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom