Down Under Dive Shop Gulf Shores, AL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bvm2006

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am going to hop on a Dive Charter with Down Under Dive Shop in a couple of weeks. Has anyone done a charter with this outfit? Can you tell me if they have their stuff together? Was it a good experience?

Thanks,

Murph

I haven't used them in several years, but had a good experience with their boat operation a few years ago.

Might want to check and make sure that their boat is operational. It was down for maintenance recently according to someone who posted on another forum. (not sure if it was long term or just out for a couple days, etc.)

they've got a nice 46' Netwton Dive Special.

BTW... if you ask to move this discussion to Deep Dixie Divers sub-forum, you'll get better responses as it's local to that area.

I am interested in anyone's experiences with them also, plan on using them on my next "Mighty O" trip. I did talk to them last time I was in that area and seem very knowledgable

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

moved to Deep Dixie

Down Under is an awesome shop. All Dm's are great and very knowledgeable about the dive sites. I dive with them on a regular basis, in fact most of my dive buddies are employees there! The boat is nice size, even with the boat full of divers and gear I have never felt crowded. The boat is operational and working great. I have done several sites including the O off the boat and have always had a blast!

I've tried to get out with them a couple of times but have been blown out. They seem nice enough if that counts for anything. I hear great things about Garys Gulf Divers just down the road and he is pretty active on this board.

I was in there a few weeks ago. My buddy went on a dive with them and said everything was fine.

I plan on getting certified there in a couple of weeks. Bolivar, you said you are friends with most of the employees. How do you think they are as far as instruction goes? The guy I bought my gear from seemed very knowledgable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom