New artificial reefs near PCB?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CW2008

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I recall seeing news a few months ago about Panama City, or Panama City Beach, having a program to sink more reefs about a mile off-shore. Does anyone know if there is anything to this?

A tug called the Red Sea and a barge looking dealy that looked like a funny looking redneck houseboat was sunk.

nothing within a mile or so offshore, it is way to shallow. It wouldnt last after the first tropical storm

nothing within a mile or so offshore, it is way to shallow. It wouldnt last after the first tropical storm

The Louise is about .7 miles from shore near Henderson Beach Park. I have dove it via kayak. Just a few weeks ago I swam out over half a mile from WPB for a shore dive, it took me four hours and a bit total. I see no reason the Louise could not be dove from the beach if direct access could be had. With a kayak it is easy.

N

There are no plans to add artificial reefs within a mile of shore at present. I attend all of the meetings and this is not on the agenda, although there are alot of plans floating out there to expand the AR program into several areas inside state waters that would be open to the public to deploy inspected reef materials. Both of the current areas (LAARS A and B) are in Federal waters at least 9nm from shore and LAARS B extends out to 30nm from shore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom