Hello from New Orleans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chaad

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone! I'm Chad, a newly certified diver based in New Orleans, Louisiana. I did my open water checkout dives at Vortex Spring & in the Gulf off of Panama City, FL. I'm looking forward to doing a whole lot more diving in and around NW Florida. I've got my eye on diving the Oriskany once I get enough experience and hope to dive Flower Garden Banks eventually too. For now I've got two days of nearshore boat dives booked next month in Pensacola. I'm also scheduled to do a dive at Coco Cay, Bahamas next year which I've read here is known as the worst dive in the Carribean 🤣. I can't wait! Hope to see y'all out there some time!

Welcome @chaad to SB and Congratulations on your certification. Panama City has some beautiful water right off the beach on that side of the gulf. You will love the Flower Gardens; it is a magnificent coral heaven, diving the rigs are just as fun, plus the Fling crew is professional, knowledgable, helpful, and a hoot to be around. We had a great time listening to sea shanties getting ready for the dives and watching all the Jaws movies during our intervals. Just delightful.

Hi, I’m in NOLA too. Sounds like you do cert weekend with Harry’s? If so I’ll see you around.

Welcome to the Board. Funny, I've dived charters out of Pensacola & Panama City (& Destin) and did several courses years ago at Vortex, all when we were "snowbirding". Did a dive in L. Pontchartrain too once somewhere between NO & Slidell-- 8 feet, don't recommend it. Too bad that whole coast from Mobile Bay West is a washout.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom