Can Ikelite Depth/Pressure Test Housings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vaq

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Jean

Flooded my XTI housing last weekend, my bad as it was the first time down to 90ft and should have taken the housing down to check without the camera first. I sat on the deco bar at 20ft for a few minutes with no issue and when I got to the bottom literally saw the housing filling up. Couldn't determine where the leak was coming from during the flood (horrifed at that point :)) or after the dive. Everything appeared sealed correctly and inspection of the O-Rings didn't reveal anything. Put it back together and stuck it in a tub overnight with no leak. Obviously I need to send it for service repair but wanted to ensure you have a way to check at depth. If not, was thinking of taking it back down on a dive to 'test'. I'm sure it was something I overlooked but given the circumstances, thought I would ask. Thanks.

Vince

Vince,
Thank you for using Ikelite products and sorry to hear about the flooded housing. We recommend that you send the entire housing and port to us for evaluation. Please include a brief note of explanation including your contact information. Once received and evaluated, you will be notified with our findings. No RMA# is required.
Ikelite
Attn: Repair Dept.
50 W. 33rd St.
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Normal turnaround time is 2-3 weeks. Our technician can water pressure test your housing to 200'.
Jean is out of the country until next week so I am responding on her behalf.
Regards,
Rhonda
Ikelite - Customer Service

Thanks Rhonda

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom