Blue Heron Bridge Sunday early evening August 16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver

Livin' the dream
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm thinking of diving BHB on Sunday, I think high tide is about 5:30-ish, anyone want to join me? I want to get my camera in the water one more time before my big trip!!! Looking like the seas could be too rough for a beach dive this weekend. So who's in?

Force-E Riviera Beach is organizing a BBQ in conjunction with the BHB dive sunday.

We'll likely be there sat or sun but we haven't decided yet.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH that sounds interesting, can you tell me more or share a link???

I work Saturday, darn it. It's gotta be Sunday.

From their facebook page:

Dive and Dine Next Sunday @ Blue Heron Bridge.... We'll do the Hot dogs and hamburgers You Bring a side and your beverage of choice... 4:00 show at
Force E 155 E. Blue Heron Blvd
Riviera Beach, Phone, local: (561) 845-2333

Hey thanks!!! So who else wants to join me?

Me and my girl might join you tomorrow. What time do you plan on meet and go?

I'd love to have some company! I figure in order to get in the water 20 minutes before the high tide of 5:41 p.m., I should get there no later than 5. Look for a silver Honda CR-V with a roof rack, a spare tire bike rack, plate DBDVR.

DISCLAIMER: I have very little local knowledge of this bridge. I dove the East span two years ago once, and the West span a year ago once. I'm making this dive, but I'm not qualified to really lead it and show you where the cool stuff is.

I'd love to have some company! I figure in order to get in the water 20 minutes before the high tide of 5:41 p.m., I should get there no later than 5. Look for a silver Honda CR-V with a roof rack, a spare tire bike rack, plate DBDVR.

DISCLAIMER: I have very little local knowledge of this bridge. I dove the East span two years ago once, and the West span a year ago once. I'm making this dive, but I'm not qualified to really lead it and show you where the cool stuff is.
This time of year, if you want to enter the water 30 mins. before slack high tide, you will need to plan on an hour extra to find a parking spot. Weekends at Phil Foster Park is "spotty" at best :wink:

Oops, there's no thanks button! Will it be that bad at 5 p.m. on a Sunday?

Of course I should come up early and get a free burger from Force E anyway. :)

Oops, there's no thanks button! Will it be that bad at 5 p.m. on a Sunday?

Of course I should come up early and get a free burger from Force E anyway. :)
You can count on several "church" functions around that time. If you plan ahead to understand some will be leaving "around that time", lower your window and ask if people leaving the "diving" area are actually leaving, and can you have their spot... They are usually simpathetic and will wait for you to come around before they depart their parking space...

Next weekend, the tides favor divers before the weekend rush....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom