Shore diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kdxracer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello! I am coming to Florida Sept 20- 26 and was hoping to find a decent shore diving location. Since I will be flying into Orlando and transportation may be an issue, I was hoping to find something between Cocoa and Vero. I could also use a dive buddy!
Thanks for any help!!
Matt
PADI Advanced/Nitrox

As you can see, I am new to this, so hopefully I will be able to find the board to see responses! Can I give my hot mail address? Same user name...

My matt,

Welcome to the board and be sure to enjoy your trip.

As for local information be sure to check into the regional forums here on ScubaBoard. There you can find sites and maybe even an accommodating member who'd like to play local guide.

Pete

Last edited:
Matt, it is possible that nobody has responded because that area is not known for its beach diving. Broward County is really your best bet if you can drive a few more hours south.

Welcome to the board, I am in the Melbourne area which is right between Cocoa and Vero. Not much to dive until you get down to the Vero area. I dove Wobasso beach in Vero yesterday and the viz was absolute pooh! Went 30 or so miles south and the viz was ok. There is some decent stuff to do in Vero and it only gets better the further you head south. The clarity up this way inshore is usually pretty cruddy, but it gets much better around Ft. Pierce and is usually good in the Jupiter area. At the worst you may have to drive 2 1/2 to 3 hrs to find some clean water if it is out there. There are quite a few beach dives between here and there. Unfortunately I'll be working the week you will be here and only available to dive on the 20th. & 26th.
Vero beach dives:
El Capitana & McLarty Muesem
Wobasso beach
Indian River Shores
Tracking Station
Jaycee & Conway beaches
Hummiston
Riomar Reef
Round Island
The Pines

Ft. Pierce beach dives
Paddle Wheeler Wreck
Pepper Park
Inlet Park
Kimberly Bergallis Memorial Park
South Beach Rocks

....and many more headed south, I'm sure more members will add info and such. Feel free to pm me for specifics or reports as your trip nears.

Thanks for the help so far! I may try Ft. Pierce then. As long as the beach will be nice for my non-diving travel partners, I'm sure they will not mind the extra drive!

WARNING this is also Pepper Park

But call US and we will remove the problem people

:rofl3::rofl3: Thats why I bring my speargun while diving The Fort! LOL

Back on topic, you should be able to see the reef from shore...If you cant, the visibility is probibly less then 5'.

Looks like I may try heading down towards West Palm Beach then. Also, I could use a buddy to dive closer to Orlando at the Blue Springs State Park! Has anyone dove that? Is it any good?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom