Wisdom Download

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divehorr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a older Wisdom 1 (2004) that recently malfunctioned and no longer is diveable. I had over 350 dives on it. I had downloaded all the dive info to the PC log book.
I just got the new Wisdom 2 (2009) and now I want to keep all dives on 1 log book if possible. How can I import the info from the older log book to the newer log book as they seem different?
Will the newer log book when installed just over write the older one? or?

Thnks

K

K,

Choose "Import" from the top menu and insert saved dive log(s) to desired location. The saved log will not overwrite the new log, as it's been saved already. This new log will be from the new Wisdom 2.

Hope this helps!

Sherwood Rep.

I am new to Subaboard but I found a thread that I thought might help me. I am trying to install the wisdom 2 software on my computer and it does not recognize my interface cable. It tells me my cable is not compatible. It is Interface Cable Number SDK400 and I am using a VISTA based computer. Yes i did download the Driver from the Sherwood site. ANY IDEAS?

I had two, count 'em -- two, bad download cables in a row before I got one that works. Try a different cable and be sure you downloaded the right program AND driver. You need both to be right.

I am new to Subaboard but I found a thread that I thought might help me. I am trying to install the wisdom 2 software on my computer and it does not recognize my interface cable. It tells me my cable is not compatible. It is Interface Cable Number SDK400 and I am using a VISTA based computer. Yes i did download the Driver from the Sherwood site. ANY IDEAS?

Which dive computer do you have?

The same thing had happened to me as well and it was the cable. There is an older cable that was initially for the Wisdom 1 that can give you headaches. I had to bring the cable back and exchange it for an earlier version. From that point on no issues. By the way the Sherwood rep provided an exchange through my LDS without an issue. My LDS had the cable (outdated) on the shelf. Who was to know there were different cables.

Thanks for your feedback. After lots of experimentation and connecting and reconnecting I did get it to work. I will get a few more dives and try again. What seemed to help is when the interface software came up on my PC there was a selection for Wisdom, and after hitting the arrow beside the computer type a menu came up showing the Wisdom and also the Wisdom with Metal Buttons. After I changed my selection to the later choice, things seemed to work. I think the problem may have been that the interface was defaulting to what I presume was an older Wisdom Model. I will keep you posted after I get some more dives on the computer.

That was your problem. Their are two different version of the wisdom 2 computer one with metal buttons and one with out. And the software see them as different computers.

Back
Top Bottom