Pennecamp Question???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBrett22

Lionfish Slayer
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Okay i will be going for a Camp and Dive with my School in February of 2010. And i have a question about Pennecamp. I will bd doing some dives but my dad isn't a diver and he is not certified and wanted to know are there any Snorkeling Boats for him to go on and are there any AC outlets so i can charge my Camera and phone?? :D:cool2:

There are snorkling boats you can go out on. both from Pennekamp and from commercial operators.... check out Pennekamps webpage for their snorkel charters.

I'm sure they have outlets if they have electricity. I'd take a power strip or extention cord with a 3 way on it as I'm sure you're not the only one wanting to use limited outlets.

The regular campground (full service) has electricity. If you're staying in "Group camping" there is no electricity at that site per http://www.floridastateparks.org/pennekamp/ParkSummary.cfm

A solution for the group camping areas is to take a battery pack and plug your phone into it to charge.

There are snorkling boats you can go out on. both from Pennekamp and from commercial operators.... check out Pennekamps webpage for their snorkel charters.

I'm sure they have outlets if they have electricity. I'd take a power strip or extention cord with a 3 way on it as I'm sure you're not the only one wanting to use limited outlets.

Agreed Thanks so much!

Depending on which dive op you're using he may be able to go on the same boat and snorkel. I've been on a few boats where they didn't sell it out for divers an took a few snorkelers along.

One was a bunch of hot Brazilian women with good champagne! :eyebrow:

I can't guarantee hot women, but you never know!

Depending on which dive op you're using he may be able to go on the same boat and snorkel. I've been on a few boats where they didn't sell it out for divers an took a few snorkelers along.

One was a bunch of hot Brazilian women with good champagne! :eyebrow:

I can't guarantee hot women, but you never know!

I like xDDD But i might bring my Girl Friend who is u know Hot lol :eyebrow: and my dad and they would snorkel and i would scuba dive xD.

Okay i will be going for a Camp and Dive with my School in February of 2010. And i have a question about Pennecamp. I will bd doing some dives but my dad isn't a diver and he is not certified and wanted to know are there any Snorkeling Boats for him to go on and are there any AC outlets so i can charge my Camera and phone?? :D:cool2:

This operator does combined scuba and snorkeling trips on the same boat. I was scheduled to do a combined dive with my daughter and mother but the marine forecast did not work out so I can't really comment on the operation except to say that they are very nice and honest people.

Island Ventures Florida Keys Dive Sites

Florida Keys Dive Center - Key Largo Scuba Diving and Surounding Florida Keys Areas also takes snorkelers together with divers. They are just a bit farther South in Tavernier. They also offer Discover Scuba Courses the same day; in case your Dad wants to try scuba before getting certified.
They visit some nice shallow reefs like Pickles, Hens and Chickens, and Snapper Ledge. You can pick up a discount coupon book at McDonalds, just North of the Marina.
There are a few electrical outlets and WiFi outside the Pennekamp Dive shop and other shops.

The last time I dove with Amoray, they had snorkelers on two of the trips.

This operator does combined scuba and snorkeling trips on the same boat. I was scheduled to do a combined dive with my daughter and mother but the marine forecast did not work out so I can't really comment on the operation except to say that they are very nice and honest people.

Island Ventures Florida Keys Dive Sites

I have dived with Darrell and Ann and they run a class act! I would HIGHLY recommend them!

For your power issue, consider getting an inverter that plugs into the lighter in your car. You can get a single outlet one for $25 or a bigger fancier one for more. They are quite handy to have around.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom