I have a quick question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a question I was in Cozumel a few months back and passed all the skills confined water and the night before my check out dives I got really sick and couldn’t complete the check out and the dive instructor felt comfortable enough with giving me the scuba diver and can only go 40 ft and so which is find and I’m okay with that but I’m heading to Puerto Rico here in June. My question is could I get a dive shop to give me my checkout dives or do I need to go back to the dive shop in Cozumel ( wouldn’t mind that either cause it beautiful diving down there. Both are PADI shops ) Thanks

You can do your checkout dives in Puerto Rico. You need documentation from the store in Cozumel which you will present to the instructor in PR. Pretty standard stuff for PADI. You will be charged for the checkout dives - you should have already paid for your PIC with the first place in Cozumel. Did they give you a log book signed by them?

You can do your checkout dives in Puerto Rico. You need documentation from the store in Cozumel which you will present to the instructor in PR. Pretty standard stuff for PADI. You will be charged for the checkout dives - you should have already paid for your PIC with the first place in Cozumel. Did they give you a log book signed by them?
Yes I did. I have a e card on my phone also

Yes I did. I have a e card on my phone also
Call the PADI shop in PR. Advise them that you'd like to do your Open Water Checkout dives with them. They will advise you what you need to do. Should be pretty easy to accomplish. Which Dive Shop are you thinking of using in PR?

Crashboat watersports.Maybe Closest one to where I’ll be staying heard the shore dive around the pier is pretty good

Crashboat watersports.Maybe Closest one to where I’ll be staying heard the shore dive around the pier is pretty good

Enjoy! Let us know what it was like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom