Dive Report Jupiter Dive Center 10-10-09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Went diving with JDC on Saturday Morning. The seas were very calm, and it was a beautiful day on the water.

The first dive we did a site called, "Captain Mike's Reef" - We spent most of the dive at 75 feet, and the reef was fantastic. The current for that dive was surprisingly mild for Jupiter, and we actually had to swim a bit. We swam northward, and followed the ledges along. It was a very nice dive. I had a temperature of 82 degrees on the bottom. Visibility was probably in the 60-80 foot range.

ledge1.jpg

mikesreef.jpg

rockbeauty3.jpg

Dive #2 we did a spot called "The Tunnels" - the current wasn't very cooperative, but we made it to the tunnels anyway, and after a little while, it was just me and my dive buddy, and Dive Master Chris. My buddy wanted to see a "real shark" whilst in Jupiter, and upon arriving at the Tunnels, we heard Chris bang on his tank, and saw this guy
reefshark1.jpg

(not the best shot - but the shark never got CLOSE enough for my wide angle lens)
We enjoyed swimming around the Tunnels. Saw a large Loggerhead, a Southern Stingray, a few large Morays, and a plethora of smaller tropicals.

me-tunnel.jpg

tunnel1.jpg

This dive was somewhat warmer, with a temp of 84-85 degrees :D

All in all... JDC delivered a great time. The crew was extremely helpful, and accommodating. They were also good with my camera, which is important to me. :wink:

Thanks Jupiter Dive Center for a great day!

:thumb: We had a good time! Of course, all the pelagic life didn't suck either!

Rob and Sharon, it was lovely diving and visiting with you. Till next time.

Carmen, always a pleasure - Howard, nice meeting you and the pictures are great - thanks for posting!

sssssss sssorry i wasnt there :wink:

HowardE, These are wonderful photos, thanks for sharing.

Me too! Let me know when you are coming back to FL John! :D

be their November 13th -17th I believe we need to dive Jupiter and have a cigar :D

sssssss sssorry i wasnt there :wink:

be there November 13th -17th I believe we need to dive Jupiter and have a cigar :D

:depressed: Me three!

I'll drive up and dive with you guys :D I wanna see if that manta ray may still be around... !

Last edited:
nice pix

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom