Thank you Capt Slates and Spear Girl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Froid

Contributor
Reaction score
The main reason we went down to Key Largo was to complete my wife's OW course. She has always just snorkeled above my son and I before. She really wanted to join us below but has had lots of issues with the breathing underwater no mask skill. After many hours in the pool, she finally completed the confined water and was ready to try the open water portion. She had one request. She wanted a woman instructor with a lot of patience. I called Spear Girl and asked her to set it up. Talk about customer service. From start to finish, Spear was there helping us.

Well, she completed her OW and the instructor Jolene was fantastic. My wife absolutely loved her. I was very impressed by the level of instruction. She was not just rubber stamped. If more instructors were this way, we wouldn't have the issue of divers completing their OW and not diving again.

We went out the next day and did our first dive as a couple. I will admit, it almost brought tears to my eyes. My wife overcame a fear with good instruction and the will to dive.

I just wanted to say thank you to Spear Girl and the instructor Jolene for helping us complete my wife's dream of diving with her family

That is great to hear that you two are able to dive together. That is a very special thing to have a husband and wife able to dive together. I have not had the opportunity yet to meet Speargirl yet. But I know she would be a good instructor for you and your wife. Congratulations on your certification.

Speargirl/Becky isn't an instructor, she's the Manager at Atlantis Dive Center, but she is indeed really awesome! Joleen is the instructor that Becky set the OP up with. Joleen is great and I am not surprised to read that Froid's wife had a great experience!

Joleen is one of our best instructors we have. She goes all out to make sure her students are comfortable and happy in and out of the water.
I't is true I am not an Instructor, I am the Manager but I do try to make sure that I pair up the student with the right Instructor. I also try make sure everyone leaves with a smile on their face.
I will make sure Joleen see's this thread... It will I am sure make her feel warm a fuzzy inside.:cool2:

I have always looked at it as, It's your vacation and I am here to try to make sure it's perfect for you and your families.
I dont care if you don't stay at my rentals or dive with my shop. I am here to make sure YOU get what you pay for and have the best vacation ever.:D

Thank you so much for the wonderful post
Becky

I make sure everyone leaves with a smile on their face.
Now that's a fact! :D

I wish I saw more posts like this because I think there are a LOT of folks out there that are happy with instructors/facilities management, etc.

Unfortunately we tend to see mostly negative reports, and agency bashing as many don't bother with the Kudos department.

Kudos to Becky, and Joleen! I'm betting they have many happy customers! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom